2017-05-11

Golden Week Adventure

Over Golden Week went out for a day of fishing. I dropped my wife off at work and headed to my first mark. I had planned my adventure the night before (thanks google maps!) 

Got to the first mark at about 7.00, rigged up my gekkabijin/caldia kit with a 2g Ecogear shirasu JH, opened the trusty Gulp container looking for some baby sardine 2" okiami glow but found a Tict gyopin 1.7" and figured I'd go with that. Saw some rocks and weeds in the water out ahead of me and figured it was a good spot, threw out and I was right! Bites right on the first cast but no hook ups. Anyway, kept trying and after a few misses I hooked into this little bugger here 






after him I was getting one after another for a good while. 





I had about 20 of them by the end in various sizes, but not much more 15cm. It was fun and time to move onto the next mark. 




Here, last year I had caught a nice sized grouper. Wanting the same I got out the Bluecurrent and Twinpower. Rigged up with a Texas rig, 5.3 bullet sinker, glass bead and Tick DF offset hook, M size with an Ecogear Rockmax 3". No luck, so after a while I figured I'd head onto the the next mark.


This was the same place from my previous report but at a higher tide. This produced a few snags and subsequent reties and frustration but eventually I got another scorpion (no pics, sorry). After a lull period figured I'd head to the next place, decided to skip point C and headed for point D as it was high tide and I had luck there before.


On the way stopped by a tackle shop and got myself some goodies (I had to, no other choice!)



These are photos from before, but either way this is where I ended up







No luck here again. After some time, I headed to the harbour near there, but again no luck. It was very windy and difficult to cast out a few grams of anything. Also, this is where I lost my brand new Tick mini caro in the damn rocks! Old folks here were fishing sabiki with floats on bait, catching aji one after another, so I changed styles wanting the same. But with what I had on hand I could only rig up a shoddy set up which produced no results. So after some time I headed home. 



It was a good overall. But I was ready to crack a cold one and crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment